About Lexington Singapore School
The Lexington Singapore School provides after school Singapore Math enrichment program for grades K to 11. We believe we can make a meaningful difference to children and the society through education. Lexington Singapore School prides itself in hiring highly qualified teachers; the values that define our teachers also define our practice.
All new students should first sign up for a free evaluation. Evaluation is held remotely over zoom and both student and parents need to be present. During the evaluation, we will discuss with the parent about the correct fit for the child based on the comfort level, schedule and other factors.
First time students may be asked to come for a 30mins evaluation. This allows the instructor to get to know the child, and to answer questions from the parents. We devote a lot of time into our curriculum and lesson planning, and do our best to ensure a meaningful, enriching and enjoyable math experience for our students. Please let us know if you have concerns early, and we will work together to find ways that best support your child’s learning.
Absences/Late to class
In the parent portal, you will find
– classnotes (what was done in class and homework assigned after each class)
– zoom link (for remote classes)
– absence notification form (please inform us if your child will be missing or late to class)
Missed Lessons and Make-up
A student needs to have regular attendance to get the most benefit from the program. Please request for a make-up lesson by notifying us one week in advance. We will try to schedule a make-up with a similar lesson.
To minimize disruption to the students and classes, the school would like to keep a maximum of 2 make-up per semester with advance notice. If a student misses more than 2 lessons, we will do our best to arrange a make-up, but request parents to keep it to a minimum.
No School / Delayed Openings
In the event of inclement weather, any school closings will be announced through email by 2pm on weekdays and by 8am on weekends. In the case a class is cancelled by the school, as in the case of a snow emergency, a make-up class will be scheduled. There is a maximum of 1 make-up class per academic year in the case of snow emergencies.
Arrival and Dismissal (COVID PRECAUTIONS)
- Please do not arrive more than 2minutes before class starts, and please pick up your child and leave the building promptly when class ends.
- If your student is going to be dismissed early: please notify us of the time of dismissal as well as who is picking the student up from school.
- For safety reasons, if the student is being picked up by anyone not listed on the emergency form we require written permission from the parent or guardian. It is important that the individual picking your student up provides photo identification.
Communication with your student’s teacher
There are several ways to communicate with your student’s teacher.
- Phone calls and Email: Parents may also request communication via a phone call or email messages. Please be aware that a teacher may not be able to respond to phone calls or emails immediately. Every effort is made to respond the same day.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: If need to, Lexington Singapore School will schedule parent / teacher conferences to discuss specific needs of your child.
Strictly no food or beverages in the classroom. Student are encouraged to bring a water bottle for class.
Student Behavior Policies and Procedures
- Discipline = Clear Expectations, Accountability & Accommodation
- Understand and respond to each child’s needs in a supportive way, not a punitive one.
- We reserve the right to reject or terminate a student’s enrollment in the program if the student’s continued participation represents a risk to the health, safety or learning experience of other students or staff.
- Participants who withdraw before the 2nd lesson will receive a full refund, minus the registration fee.
- Participants who withdraw before the 4th lesson will be given a refund, minus classes taken and the registration fee.
- There is no refund after the 4th lesson. Instead, participants who withdraw after the 4th lesson will receive a credit, minus classes taken and registration fee.
- If insufficient enrollment causes a class to be cancelled, participants will receive a full refund.