About Lexington Singapore School
The Lexington Singapore School provides after school Singapore Math enrichment program for grades K to 10. We believe we can make a meaningful difference to children and the society through education. Lexington Singapore School prides itself in hiring highly qualified teachers; the values that define our teachers also define our practice.
First time students may be asked to come for a 30mins evaluation. This allows the instructor to get to know the child, and to answer questions from the parents. We devote a lot of time into our curriculum and lesson planning, and do our best to ensure a meaningful, enriching and enjoyable math experience for our students. Please let us know if you have concerns early, and we will work together to find ways that best support your child’s learning.
Please email email@example.com, when your child is not coming to school. Please keep us aware of any illnesses, accidents, or events that occur outside of school that may affect your student’s day.
Missed Lessons and Make-up
A student needs to have regular attendance to get the most benefit from the program. We encourage our students to request for a make-up lesson by notifying us one week in advance. We will try to schedule a make-up in the same week, with a similar lesson.
To minimize disruption to the students and classes, the school would like to keep a maximum of 2 make-up per semester with advance notice. If a student misses more than 2 lessons, we will do our best to arrange a make-up, but request parents to keep it to a minimum.
No School / Delayed Openings
In the event of inclement weather, any school closings will be announced through email by 2pm on weekdays and by 8am on weekends. In the case a class is cancelled by the school, as in the case of a snow emergency, a make-up class will be scheduled. There is a maximum of two make-up classes per academic year in the case of snow emergencies.
Arrival and Dismissal
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before class starts, and please pick up your child promptly when class ends.
- The class will end 3 to 5 minutes before the published end time; this is to facilitate class transition as students move in and out of classroom.
- If your student is going to be dismissed early: please notify us of the time of dismissal as well as who is picking the student up from school.
- For safety reasons, if the student is being picked up by anyone not listed on the emergency form we require written permission from the parent or guardian. It is important that the individual picking your student up provides photo identification.
Communication with your Student’s Teacher
There are several ways to communicate with your student’s teacher.
- Face to Face: Classes end 3 to 5 minutes before time. This is to facilitate brief conversations for teachers and parents if need to.
- Phone calls and Email: Parents may also request communication via a phone call or email messages. Please be aware that a teacher may not be able to respond to phone calls or emails immediately. Every effort is made to respond the same day.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: If need to, Lexington Singapore School will schedule parent / teacher conferences to discuss specific needs of your child.
Strictly no food or beverages in the classroom. Water is allowed. Your child may bring a small nut-free snack to consume in the waiting room if need to. Please do not bring snacks that can be messy.
Homework is sent home after each lesson. Homework assignments can be tasks that are familiar to students, or non-routine questions that provides opportunities for problem solving. It is suggested that parents monitor their student’s homework. Student are required to complete their homework on time and bring it back the next lesson.
Student Behavior Policies and Procedures
- Discipline = Clear Expectations, Accountability & Accommodation
- Understand and respond to each child’s needs in a supportive way, not a punitive one.
- We reserve the right to reject or terminate a student’s enrollment in the program if the student’s continued participation represents a risk to the health, safety or learning experience of other students or staff.
- Participants who withdraw before the 2nd lesson will receive full refund, minus the registration fee.
- Participants who withdraw before the 4th lesson will be given a refund, minus classes taken and the registration fee.
- There is no refund after the 4th lesson. Instead, participants who withdraw after the 4th lesson will receive a credit, minus classes taken and registration fee.
- If insufficient enrollment causes a class to be cancelled, participants will receive a full refund.